· Utility Advisory Committee: The Utility Advisory Committee met this week in an organizational meeting to review existing plans and set future direction for the group.
· Burton Center Manufacturing Project: Economic Development, Community Development, and management personnel met with staff from the Burton Center in Greenwood and representatives from REI Industries regarding the potential to bring a manufacturing facility to the city in partnership with the Laurens County Disabilities and Special Needs Board. The facility would make pallets, and would employ approximately 30 people with several opportunities for those with developmental disabilities to be employed.
· Industrial Fire: Clinton Department of Public Safety, as well as several county fire departments, responded to an industrial fire at a wood chip processing plant this week. Although teams were able to bring the fire under control very quickly, there was significant damage to the plant and an extensive mop up and follow up operation was required.
· Town Rhythms: The Embers dazzled crowds at our Town Rhythms event this week.
· City Council Meeting: City Council met this week and completed second reading on ordinances to annex and zone property on Waverly Drive for a new retail facility.
· Clinton Senior Citizen Housing Authority: The Clinton Senior Citizen Housing Authority met this week and authorized the sale of Tallwood Homes contingent upon it remaining in the USDA / HUD program and contingent upon the approval of the USDA.
· Upcoming Council Meetings: City Council has a meeting scheduled next week to take up the following actions:
August 1, 6 PM
P.S. Bailey City Council Chambers inside the M.S. Bailey Municipal Center at 211 North Broad Street
This is a tentative list of agenda items, and it could change prior to the meeting.
· Proclamations regarding Back to School Month and Connecting Cops with Communities.
· Recognition of an area Eagle Scout
· Second Reading of an ordinance to dissolve the Museum Commission
· Discussion and consideration of an Anti-Tether ordinance.
· Consideration of a Reimbursement Resolution in advance of a Utility Bond Issuance
· Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the city to proceed with the Main Street Program.
· Discussion of LCWSC Sewer Rate Adjustment